To provide Operations and Sustainment (O&S) support to include the Persistent Threat Detection System (PTDS) and Persistent Ground Surveillance System
(PGSS) Operators/User-Level Maintainers, sustainment, logistics support, and engineering and integration support for PTDS and PGSS in Iraq.
PTDS / PGSS is a Quick Reaction Capability (QRC) that provides integrated persistent surveillance, detection capabilities, and Full Motion Video (FMV)
dissemination to Tactical Operation Centers (TOC). PTDS / PGSS integrates different sensors, some of which are located on its airborne aerostat, to
detect small arms fires and Counter Improvised Explosive Device (IED) activity near airfields, fixed-base encampments, forward operating locations,
and other facilities in support of rapid reaction security forces in the area of operation.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- These Aerostat Operators/User-level maintainers will perform all functions to operate the PTDS / PGSS, an aerostat mounted Intelligence, Surveillance, And Reconnaissance (ISR) platform, its Mobile Mooring Platform (MMP), Sensor Payload(s), communications and navigation systems as well as associated support equipment (Boom Lift, Forklift, All Terrain Vehicles (ATV's), and Electrical Power Generators). User-level maintenance functions include performing user-level maintenance such as Preventative Maintenance Checks and Services (PMCS), troubleshooting, removing and replacing Line Replaceable Units (LRUs), and removing and replacing payloads.
- Additional responsibilities including performing analyses of system operations.
- Must have knowledge of and experience in the operations of hardware systems and components.
- Must have experience in fault detection, isolation, and correction of hardware systems and individual components.
- Must be capable of routine system maintenance and analysis functions including: hardware configurations; adding, removing and replacing hardware components; use of hardware and software diagnostic testing tools; reading of electronic circuit schematics; and repairing printed circuit boards.
High School or GED and 1 year of qualified experience or 3 years of qualified experience in lieu of degree.
- Candidate must be willing to work and live in U.S. Military Bases. Past military experience highly desirable. Overseas work in South West Asia will be compensated including hardship, hazardous differentials and bonus pay. U.S. DOD SECRET security clearance is required. Candidate must possess a valid US driver’s license and US passport. Candidate must meet all physical, medical and other requirements for overseas deployment in accordance with current DoD regulations. This position is in a TDY status in SWA; reassignment from one U.S. Military Base to another may be required based on the needs of the contract.
To review the medical and dental requirements for overseas deployment in accordance with DOD regulations please review the following site (please review both Medical Requirements and Dental Requirements):
DOD Secret Clearance
**Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to **classified information.
“Bravura is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. We encourage Minority/Female/Protected Veteran/Disabled applicants to apply.
Qualifications Requires High School diploma or equivalent, and three to four years of related experience. Technical training equivalent to an Associate’s degree preferred. Degrees High School Diploma or GED Certificate
Years of Experience 01-02 years w/High School Diploma Position Type Full-Time Shift Other/Unknown
Prior PGSS/PTDS Certification
Prior PGSS/PTDS Team Lead
Hands-on experience with aerostat
Effective oral and written communication skills
O&M of mechanical equipment to include one or more of the following:
- aerial lift
- Industrial generator sets
Benefits:Full benefits are offered.
Bravura is a rapidly growing Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) that provides professional and engineering services, technology solutions and product offerings to DoD, Federal Civilian agencies.Bravura is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Bravura does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (protected class) including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law. These are positions that require a U.S. Citizenship.